It's been a busy week behind the mike:
Yesterday, we (SDNN.com) had a dry run with sdnn.com radio. Radio veteran Joe Bauer and sdnn.com CEO Neil Senturia are hosting this morning drive show on AM 1700 and they invited me to chat about, well, foodstuff, of course. Once it launches for real on April 27 from 6 to 9 a.m., I'll let you know when I'm on.
Later in the morning I was on KPBS radio's These Days with Maria Hunt. We had a wonderful hour with host Maureen Cavanaugh. You can listen here.
And, today, being Wednesday, I did my weekly show, San Diego Gourmet, with Robert Whitley. Our guests were Andrew Spurgin of Waters Fine Catering and Christian Graves of Jsix. Our topic? The Cooks Confab the two chefs are engaged in with about a dozen friends. You can listen right here:
To learn more about Cooks Confab, go to the website. The next event is at Nine-Ten at the Grande Colonial in La Jolla on Sunday, June 7 from 3 to 6 p.m. The theme is beef and here's the line-up so far:
• Hors d'oeuvre – Nathan Coulon – Quarter Kitchen
• Beef Tartare – Paul McCabe – Kitchen 1540
• Oxtail Ravioli – Antonio Friscia – Stingaree
• Beef Cheeks – TK Kolanko – A. R. Valentien
• Hanger Steak – Andrew Spurgin/Donald Coffman – Waters Fine Catering
• Artisanal American Farmhouse Cheeses – Brian Sinnott – 1500 Ocean
• Sweetbreads Dessert – Christian Graves – Jsix
Amy DiBiase — Roseville
Olivier Bioteau — The Farmhouse Café
Katie Grebow — Cafe Chloe